The focus of dru’s book musings is to be a 1) book advocate and 2) introduce an author’s work through their character(s).
Some tips for authors before you approach a blogger for a review or a guest post:
- Learn as much as you can about the type of blog they have.
- For reviews, learn what genre they specialize in.
- For guest posts, make sure you’ve read some of the posts on their site to get an idea of what may be expected of you.
- Contact the blogger at least 2-3 months prior to you book release to get onto their schedule.
- Original content is preferred.
- If you are given a deadline and can’t meet it, please let the blogger know beforehand.
- Share your guest post on social media. If you don’t participate on social media, have your friends share.
- You’re not obligated to comment on blog posts, but readers do appreciate it.
For more in-depth tips, particularly on reviews, check out BOLO Books.